A few months ago, I shared a post about a beauty trend that was all the rage: ombre nails. I recently ran across a tutorial at The Beauty Department that moves this trend to your lips! That’s, right, ombre lipstick. Since the tutorial compares this great look to the way your lips might appear after eating a popsicle, I thought it would be fun to share this trend with you as Labor Day draws near and Summer is winding down.
- Light Pink Lipstick
- Pinky-Coral Eye Shadow
- Eye Shadow Brush
- Coral-Orange Lip Pencil
- Apply the light pink lipstick all over.
- Open your mouth and place a folded tissue inside like above.
- Close your lips onto the tissue to blot any excess.
- Press and “stamp” the eye shadow over the edges of the top and bottom lip, leaving the center untouched.
- Close your mouth and trace the coral-orange lip pencil along the inside center so it marks on the top and bottom lip as demonstrated above.
- Lightly tap your finger to blend the intersection of the coral and the pink.